Monday, August 20, 2007

I Did Say Domestic Didn't I?

Today was "Let's be Domestic" day. I don't actually know why I get like this, I usually avoid the kitchen like the plague. First, I made cresent rolls, not Pillsbury, but HOMEMADE. They were okay, a little overdone, but not bad. Second, I made carmel rolls. Now, this one I'm proud of! Mom, they didn't burn! They were just right. Perfect. Delicious! Third, I made a loaf of bread. Not bread machine bread. Real bread. Mix it, knead it, poke it, roll it, and throw it in the oven. Maybe I did all this because it's raining and gray and miserable outside. Maybe I'm trying to surprise my hubby. Maybe, if I do all these things, I'll feel better about being at home and making real contributions! Did you know that kneading bread is theraputic? Yup, you can beat it up, pound on it, and rough handle it, and it only comes out tasting better! And you feel better too! So, the next time you're frustrated, make bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made something up in the crock pot that turned out pretty good! No measuring done on this one. Big family, big crock pot.

Frozen Chicken Breast (on bottom)
Frozen Chopped Broccoli
Chopped Carrots
Frozen Salad Shrimp
Mix: 1 cup water, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice. Pour over top.
Set on Slow Cook.

If you go to a church where service lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. the food should be very tender and flavorful. Too long and the chicken will be tougher. Carrots might be al dente. Serve chicken with parm. cheese and ranch dressing. Goes good with mashed potatoes or Rice a Roni.

Just a suggestion for a quick meal.

Anonymous said...

Another way to cook chicken.

Get the tenderized or quick cook big bag of chicken breast.

Season frozen chicken breast with your favorite Mrs. Dash seasoning on both sides. Grill until done. (5 - 7 min. on Foreman Grill) As you take them off grill liberally sprinkle parm. cheese over them. Make sure they are covered to hold in the heat if they are not all cooked at the same time. Serve with more parm and ranch. My favorite way to eat chicken.

The longest part about the meal is usually preparing the side dishes.