Monday, August 27, 2007

Job?

Today, Dr. O and I had a good discussion about our finances and what we're going to do about it. See, I love being a SAHM, but at the same time, I feel like there's something that I'm supposed to do about the financial strain. So, we had a discussion. Me feeling all panicky and weepy and Dr. O being stoic and calm. I am a "feelings" person and I tend to over-feel and over-think and you know instead of painting the "barn door" I paint the whole durned "barn"! Dr. O on the hand is a logical, calm, quiet kind of guy. You have to really be tuned in or you miss what's bothering him. (I tune in too much and read more into it than is really there.) Good discussion. Basically I told him how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking and told him I need a direct answer. Yes or No, does he want me to get a job and if so, what kind and where would he suggest. The answer, to my undying relief is a solid resounding NO! He wants me to stay at home, be a mom and wife, teach my daughter, and take the kids to Wed. night church. WOW. So, basically, I am not to worry or fret over the finances. He says that the canning and gardening have helped the grocery bill, that hanging clothes on the line and hand washing dishes have saved on the electric bill, and that I'm doing just fine. So, he can worry and fret, not me! Okay, enough of worry and fret. The real issue here is that we are attempting to be a household of faith. But faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Well, easier said than done! So, ok, now I have to work on that. Actually, God has been good to us and we have never had to go without the things that we need. It seems that, as usual, when we have need, we dig deeper into God's word, and keep running the race. It's when we don't have needs, that we kinda forget that we need God. Maybe that's why he keeps us in need!? It's so great to have a husband who is grounded in the Word and has enough faith for the both of us when I forget to think of it. He is truly in tune. He has no problem reminding me that Christ is in control of our lives and that He will carry out the plans that he has for us. One verse that we keep going back to is Jer. 29:11-13. It is so true.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I have been talking to Ned about getting a part-time job, and he ain't so sure about it, neither! Which is a change, considering he didn't want me to quit in the first place. But now I am finally at a point where I WANT a part-time job, not because we need the money but because I need to get out. We'll see how that goes, I guess! At least I know he wants me home.

Anonymous said...

I am continually amazed at how grounded in faith Dr. O is. It is refreshing to see someone so dedicated and running a household God's way. You've really got yourself a prize.

Rana said...

It is refreshing to know that he is taking charge and taking his responsiblities seriously. Eventually, I will want to work, for the sake of getting out and having some independance. But for now, I am happy where I am, when I'm not worrying.