Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bonfire Party

Last night was the bonfire party. 20 families were invited, 3 families showed up! Although, how can you blame them? It rained all day, and the wind was blowing, and it was cold. When the party started tho, the sky was clear, the harvest moon was out, and the wind died down. Oh, well, we had fun without them anyway! We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and drank hot chocolate. We talked and laughed and had a good time. We had a time of sharing what the Lord has done in our lives and some very lively discussion. I found out that everyone at the party attends our Wed. night bible study classes except Dr. O. (he works 2nd shift) So, we had a discussion about sin! It seems that everytime we see each other, we talk about this class, it's crazy! I've never seen anything like it! Anyway, we had a good time, and I felt like I got to know each of them a little better. We are finally building a base of friends here and it makes if feel more like home. It is so nice to feel like a part of the community. Lately, that has been really important to me. I guess that means that I want to put down roots and stay for as long as possible.

No comments: