Saturday, February 23, 2008

Turtle Time

Hey, it's a turtle! Here's Calico Kid's most recent accomplishment. He thinks this stuff is fun. I'm glad for him.
He also just finished this one. Doesn't he do do good job? I think so. Soon, I'll have a bird and a frog on here! So much fun!
I just got notice that he has another 8 days off in March and April. 2 days in March and 6 Days Spring Break in April. Good Grief! Can't win for losin' I guess! We have been going for the most snowy days in one season for the record books I guess. We are already at 89 inches for the season. Weather man is quite sure we'll reach 100 inches. Pfbt.
Today we played catchup with school and accomplished quite a bit. By the end of the week, we will be totally on track. Yea!
Saturday, I went to a ladies game night at church. It was fun and definitely needed. I just had to get out of the house. Then on Sunday, we went looking for some clothes for Mystery Girl. I swear they only make clothes for fat kids. What's wrong with making things in Slim? I've come to the conclusion that unless I want to spend a fortune to clothe my child, I need to start sewing everything. Not only is everything made for fat kids, but she absolutely refuses to wear jeans like a regular kid. Nope, it has to be knit and cotton and soft and, and, and it drives me crazy. I think I'm gonna go get some patterns and fabrics and make her a whole bunch of stuff for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Oh, and make them so I can let the hem out! She grows up but not out! We shopped for 4 1/2 hours and bought 1 dress for Mystery Girl and 1 pr. of jeans for Calico Kid. Luckily, he's much easier to buy for. Loose jeans, t-shirts, socks, and tennis shoes, (that he wears until they fall apart or pinch his toes.) Mystery Girl? dresses, (you know, twirly dresses, the ones that you can spin in until you are sick and they float out and up and are soooooo much fun.) She climbs trees and tractors in them, knit, soft whatever, no socks, no shoes (unless they belong to ME) and half-naked shirts (that I keep taking away and hiding) OK, not half-naked! Just too thin and see thru (that's the style folks) Which I still hide from her. (that's what you get when you receive hand-me-downs from "fashionable folks") Anyway, stay posted, I may have pictures of the new creations and new talents of this horrible untalented sewer! Mom, when you come visit, I might need some sewing lessons again!
Mystery Girl has a new friend. She eats, sleeps, and does homework with this friend. Bet investment ever! I guess you really CAN buy your friends!
Here's What I found when I checked on Calico Kid for the night! I sneaked in and saw him sleeping not ON his bed, but BESIDE his bed. What you don't see is that he is sleeping on a toy box and coffee table combination with a rug on top for softness! And yes, I left him there! No parent in their right mind wakes a kid up in the middle of the night!
That's what happens when you let your hubby do laundry! He forgets to make the beds and the kids end up sleeping on toy boxes! Don't worry, the situation has since been remedied! I even asked him if he put the sheets on the bed! Yup, they were on the bed alright! I believe that he thought that was up to personal interpretation! Last time I'll take his word for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo! to the half-naked clothing fad. Although, I think I figured out what it is all about. You can wear that stuff without being too revealing if you layer. I believe that is why a lot of clothing comes looking cheap and see-through. They are made with the intent of layering without looking all bunched up. This will, in effect, increase your laundry load by mass proportions. Also, you hate to get something to layer with one top and then have it discriminate against the rest of your tops. Which in turn makes necessary the purchase of yet more layering tops! Arrrgh! It just goes on and on in a vicious cycle. I must be doing something wrong. Time to go turn out my closet.

Anyhoo! I also found out that when it comes to domestication, I need to be very specific. And also speak loudly and enunciate your word very clearly and slowly. That way the hubby can understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. A whole new concept for him, you know.

Lol on the things you go through with your family. I might be a tad bit jealous of all the laughs you must get, but then again...