Thursday, June 12, 2008

Absent

I found that when I am absent from the family mentally, that things don't get done. I mean, the kids play, fight, and sqabble, but the chores don't get done, we don't eat, and we all become grouchy. See, here's what was going on, I was writing a new story, really concentrating on it, then typing it up and fixing it. Suddenly, I realized that we had a long list of things to finish that day and it was getting late. WhooBoy! Well, I guess most of it did finally get done, but no one was very happy with me. Oh well, too bad, so sad. Today is a new day! We have a new stray cat that has been hanging around that no one is allowed to feed (try stopping them!). This cat of course inspired a story, along with the woodchucks and rabbits.

Today, I am on a mission to make something tasty for Dr. O's Father's Day Cookout that is tomorrow. I'm making pinwheels and a pasta salad. Other than that, I guess I'm supervising the kids and finding some good reading material.

Speaking of reading, Calico Kid is reading Little Rascal, a shortened version of Rascal. He's doing really well and is very interested in the story. He loves wildlife and checks out books by the dozens about wolves, mice, foxes, bears, cats, and now he has discovered racoons. He loves the story of Rascal the Racoon! He has been laughing all the way through the book. I couldn't believe it yesterday when he brought the book to me and told me it was time to read the next chapter, then proceeded to do so, alternating with me every few paragraphs! I think that we are going to look for some woodchuck books at the library the next time we go. That should be interesting. We also checked out a couple of books about treehouses. EVERYBODY poured over these books and picked out their favorites! Now, their life ambition is to live in a treehouse! Sounds fun doesn't it?!

Now, I'm off to see if I can't find a place to send my story.

No comments: