Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Here! It's Here!

What's here? Well, my piano of course! I am SO EXCITED! My in-laws decided to let me have their piano. It was just sitting in their house taking up room and looking pretty. Then, I came to visit them and desired their piano. I played for hours and hours and hours. I talked to no one, just played the piano. Not that I play well, but I CAN play SOME. Anyway, it was going to be given to Dr. O in the event of their death anyway. But, why wait all that time before getting some enjoyment out of it?! All the people who know how to play are gone and rarely come home, so, I am going to enjoy it immensely. Who knows, maybe someday a kid will want to take lessons? Anyway, I'm going to practice and practice till I master the things I want to learn! Namely, hymns, Christmas songs, Easter songs, and some fun stuff for the kids! The piano even came with some lesson books. The same ones that I used to use when I was a kid. Oh, and the best part of course is that it traveled across country for 3 hours, and it is still in tune. I'm not sure about some of the highest or lowest keys, but the ones that we use for actual playing are in perfect tune. How did that happen you ask? Well, We prayed for the piano before it left that it would have a safe journey and that it would stay in tune, so I could play it! And God answered that prayer! Woo Hoo! Another faith-building event!

In other news, the Republican candidates will be here in Grand Rapids today, and I'm going to miss it. I'm quite excited about Palin as running mate for McCain. I can totally relate to Palin. She's my kind of woman!

Today, Calico Kid is going on a field trip to a YMCA camp to learn to conquer a challenge course. They will be doing high wires for sure and I don't know what else. The high wires is enough challenge for me! CK is so excited about the trip that he got up at 530 this morning so he could leave the house at 645. Well, I hope he has a great day. I won't be able to pick him up until 730 tonight. A very long day!

Well, I'm off to play the piano!

No comments: