Saturday, August 18, 2007

A New Crush

The kids finished Activity Week at the church on Thursday and guess what they want for Christmas, Birthday, or just "because you love me"? You got it. A HORSE! They both got to handle the horses by themselves on Thursday and now they think that they are professionals and are ready for the races! They came home and watched Flicka, Dreamer, and Felicity from American Girls. They talk horses day and night. They make up stories and dramas for the Barbies and G I Joes, and the army men, and the stuffed animals, and anything else that can be pressed into service. Now I'm being pressured into buying them riding lessons. Nope, I'm drawing the line there! We went to watch the hot air ballon races last night. When we got there it was cancelled. Too much wind. So, we'll try again tonight. The kids haven't ever seen a hot air balloon race. So, I thought it would be fun for them. Hopefully it turns out for tonight.

No comments: