Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Will Summer Never End?

Forgive me for the mess I'm making. As I learn to do this better, the blog will look better. Will summer never end? This has been the longest summer of my life and probably of my kid's lives as well. We had 3 whole months of summer vacation. We don't go back until Sept. 5. And to think that I thought it was so great to have so much summer! I guess that was before there was NOTHING TO DO. We are now officially tired of the library, sprinklers, hot weather, riding bikes and watching movies. As my sister said, to do things takes money and we're not spending any. Of course, not having a car doesn't help. HELP. I'm even excited about going to church activities. At least it is someplace to go. Although, I really do enjoy going to church and being around adults. This week, Mystery Girl and Calico Kid are doing activities at church. No, not VBS. They are both learning beginning horsemanship which includes how to lead and rein a horse as well as how to ride at a walk and keeping your balance. Then Mystery Girl is doing Lego Robotics. It looks like fun. She's the only girl in her class so she feels superior to the boys when she figures things out! Calico Kid is doing Things that go boom, fly, or generally make a mess. Today they learned about dry ice. They are so excited to have something to do!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe summer went from being my favorite season to my LEAST favorite. Yes, I even prefer winter over summer now. Oh, well. Mine unofficially ends next Monday! Can't wait!

Would love to get the kids into horse riding lessons. That would be so cool.

Rana said...

The only thing I don't like about winter here is that it is so long and our house is so cold due to lack of insulation. Summer would be most bearable if we had some cool air circulating. My favorite season is Fall. I love the colors and smells of Fall. I even decorate every year with pumpkins and spices and scarecrows. My house colors (when I can design them) are all fall colors. Reds, oranges, and browns, with a little bit of yellow.