Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas

I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas, I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas, I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas, From the Bottom of My Heart! This year, we have decided not to send cards or newsletters. You know, the cost of stamps is getting out of hand! I am thinking of all of you and hoping that you are having a Merry Christmas. We have been focusing on our family and the birth of God's son, Jesus, this season. We have gone very simple with gifts and covered the whole family's gifts for under $80 this year. We very much appreciate the gifts sent to us from extended family. The kids will have a great time! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. Christmas Eve we are going to have a game day and the kids are going to do some special presentations throughout the day. We will be hearing a poem, be a part of a skit, listening to Christmas music, and most likely listening to some old Christmas programs that I and my sisters were in as children. The kids LOVE Psalty's Christmas! We will be having something pretty simple for dinner. I'm thinking Tacos or Bacon, Eggs, Toast, and Hashbrowns. Christmas Day we will have a special breakfast, then read the Christmas Story and I will read The Little Match Girl to the kids. Then we will open gifts, then Christmas Dinner of Ham and Potatoes. I always leave some gifts under the tree as they come in the mail to tempts the kids and to keep them both in the Christmas Mood. But, I always save some to put under the tree on Christmas Eve to surprise the kids with in the morning. It keeps them excited! It just makes the day a little bit more special for them. This year, Dr. O did all the shopping and choosing for Christmas. It was kind of nice not to be the one making decisions. Besides, now he can't complain that I spent too much money! I didn't spend any! Dr. O will be home for a 4 day weekend this week and a 5 day weekend next week. I'm glad he gets to have some time off. He works the 2nd shift and doesn't get much vacation time, so this will be nice. I always like having him around the house. The kids are real excited about having him around, too! Have a Very Merry Christmas, We Love You All!

No comments: