Monday, August 25, 2008

Answers to Prayer

Okay, just so you know, the prayer requests that were assigned to the kids were answered on Thurs. night. We got a freezer and lawn mower on the same night, from the same person, for FREE. The freezer is twice as large as our other one. So cool! The mower is smaller than the old one, but is lighter. So, we may let the kids learn to mow next summer. At least a portion of the yard. So, as I predicted, God listens to kids, so the prayers were answered! (That's why I had THEM pray about it.)

We dug potatoes tonight and man, these are LARGE potatoes. We even got some BIG blue ones. So. now I can do up some special dishes and take pictures of them so you can see them. We'll see how soon that might be!

Our neighbor and friend drapped off a truck load of corn tonight. By truckload, I MEAN truckload! Four big crates full. They dumped them all on the lawn for us to take care of tomorrow. LOL I don't think I've ever seen so much corn! Where am I going to put it all? How am I going to process it? I'll probably both can and freeze the lot of it! Guess what the kids get to do as soon as they get out of bed in the morning! That's right! They get to shuck it! Woo Hoo! Well, I hope they like corn for real, cause they are going to be eating it quite a bit this year! Along with the green beans! The same neighbor has invited us to pick her beans again tomorrow! And I just did 8 and one half quarts yesterday! After tomorrows work, I'll count them all for you so you can see how crazy I am! And I only have 2 kids and a hubby to feed! Well, I guess I won't need to grocery shop for those items for a very long time! Are we saving money? Well, concidering how much food we now have and how much of it was completely free, I would say yes, we are saving a ton of money. Now, if we could get a bunch of meat for free....! I mean more than we already have gotten!

On top of all the garden stuff to do, I am sewing (or teaching how to sew) Christmas gifts. Now, the kids want to sew their own seams, and I am just a little nervous about that. I am really surprised that Calico Kid wants to learn to use the sewing machine. Mystery Girl does too, but that's more natural. That boy amazes me sometimes. He wants to try everything that I do or make. He has sewed his own dish towels (the embroidery parts) and now wants to learn to sew on a machine! What a kid! I wonder what he will want to do next! I guess at least he will have MANY skills to be proud of when he grows up. His wife will be really appreciative I hope! It could make for an interesting resume under hobbies! So, what are you skilled in? Machinery? Automotive? Welding? Oh, no Sir, I am really good at sewing, embroidery, cooking, and laundry! My mom made sure that I would be able to take care of myself when I got on my own. LOL Maybe Dr. O needs to get busy and catch up on the manly side of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought - but you can save a lot of work by freezing some of them as whole cobs. They boil up good and a lot easier -- that is if you will have the freezer room.