Thursday, September 4, 2008

At Long Last

At long last, the day has arrived. We are back to school again. The summer is over and fall has begun. Ok, so it really hasn't yet, but humor me. School / Fall they're the same!

Calico Kid went back to public school and is now a big 5th grader. Whew, where did the time go? He's in his last year of elementary school. He seems to be excited about the new year, but as he's only been to school for 2 days, there's not much to do yet.

Mystery Girl is also back to school at home as a whoppin' 7th grader. Jr. High! Sniff...She is starting out well so far and I thing her motivation to succeed is going to be much higher than last year.

So, there's no takers on the potato photos? Hmmm...well, that's too bad!

On the job front....nothing yet. We are still looking and applying. It is a slow process, but Dr. O is daily out there busting his buns to find something.

Do you KNOW how dangerous prayer is? You know, like if you pray for patience, God gives you lessons in being patient? Well, guess what Dr. O and I prayed for when we got married?! That God would make us a household of faith...that when the strong winds blow we won't fall down...Guess what God is doing? That's right! He's building a household of faith. And do you know what? We are living by faith, day by day. We have been praying for wisdom and discernment. We are performing for an audience of ONE. THE ONE. Some verses that we have be reading and hiding in our hearts are Heb. 11:1 - Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb. 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. In James, it talks about the testing of our faith. James 1:2-3 - My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into various trials, knowing this, that the testing of your faith worketh patience. Verse 12 - Blessed is the man that endureth testings, for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Then in 1 Peter 1:6-7 - In this greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold trials, the the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried by fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. I realize that it is not popular nor always worldly wise to speak of and live by faith. In my own life, it has been a bitter struggle, and I believe that in God's all knowing way, He wants to perfect that in me, that I would trust Him completely to do what He said he would do, to guide and protect, to provide and sustain.

I've been asked over and over again, why I don't go get a job. Well, in part, I DO have a job. It is that of caring for my children and homeschooling my daughter. On the other hand, caring for my children requires finances. So, the dilemma. Dr. O and I have been in earnest prayer for him to get a job and that we would know when the right time to go back to work for me would be. Neither of us feel released in our spirits that I go back yet. Living on faith is not comfortable, nor is it fun. However, we are learning to trust the voice of God in our lives and to live pleasing to Him. That is our ultimate goal. We have His promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us, nor leave His seed begging for bread. We have never in our lifetimes been without a roof over our heads, without a bite to eat, nor even without a car to drive. He has provided, even during the impossible. Oh, and by the way, though the day may be rocky and filled with fear or frustration, through it all, there is a spirit of peace in our home that I cannot explain, except to say that God is here.

Okay, enough of the preacher girl! Have you ever thought of those old hymns that we used to sing as something that can get us through the hard times with a soft heart and a praise on our lips? It's amazing! The hymns keep rolling in and through my mind all day long!

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine, oh what a foretaste of glory divine. Heir of salvation, all is at rest. When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll, whatever my lot Thou has taught me to say, IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. At moments like these, I sing out a song, sing out a love song to Jesus, singing, I love you Lord, singing , I LOVE YOU, LORD, I love you Lord. Good Day!

1 comment:

Sheila_T said...

Well, To God Be the Glory Great things He has done! I love the hymns and I love what God is doing in your home, hard tho it may be.
God's word also promises that He makes us more than conquorers. I love that!
Oh, about thos taters, well, I loved looking at them, and thinking about what kinds of things they look like. I also received my seed catalog today, and yup there they were, blue potatoes. Now I just pictured us at this most wonderful meal. On the table there is this most wonderful roast, yummy vegies, and busquites and oh ya, blue mashed potatoes. Hmmm. I think that if I have a garden I'm oppting for the gold color ones.
Love ya,
Sheila