Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hmmm.... Where Did Time Go?

That's what I'm wondering. It's been a whole week since I last wrote. But I can't think of anything I did. Or the kids. Or the hubby.

Well, There is one thing. Calico Kid ran in a Fun Run Race and came in 10th. He ran/walked 3/4 of a mile in 7:32. Not bad! I think I'm going to have him practicing more at home around the fields and orchards or even around the house. See if he can't improve his time by Next Saturday for the next run. I'm hoping that he likes to run and do the races enough to want to join track and field in Jr. High. So far, so free, so good. Now, if I could just find something for the Mystery Girl to do that is fun and free, I would be happy. She is into drama (preteen)and climbing trees. I wonder if there are tree climbing clubs around? If only! I'd never see the kid! She loves dancing, but hates to follow directions, so I don't know!

Today, I am going out with a friend. It's a big deal because I NEVER leave the house alone! But, today, I am! Yippee!

The weather here has been rainy, drizzly, and gray. Normal for this part of the country I guess. Blech! It hasn't been too bad yet. I still can go outside and be in my garden a little. I have a gazillion books to read. I have a daughter to teach. I have dinners to cook and a house to clean. I even have sewing to do. I just don't feel like doing ANY on it. I feel like sleeping (because it is dark all the time!) I also have writing to do, but I think I need to leave home to do that! You know, alone, quite, not distracted, no books to read. Then I also need a new topic or slant. I know, a tall order. But I have to make time to do this.

I need to get busy on some costumes. My problem is...lack of money...lack of the right material. I have a ton of material in my garage, but it is all too small, ugly, itchy, etc., etc. Well, I will have to get creative or go buy some material! Then take the time to sew them all together. MG's is going to be a medieval peasant dress, and CK's Well, I don't know yet.

Okay, Mom, these are for you!

As you see, the cat plays a large part in the lives of this family. Even to the 'discussions' we have over whether he should be in the house or not! Grrr....This too shall pass!

2 comments:

Rod Speed said...

Hi Rana!

Enjoyed your blog and pictures. I'm glad that Lane in finding interests. Usually coffee shops are quiet places to write. You'll come across the right subjects to write on.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pics. The more the better as far as I'm concerned. Sure do miss those young 'uns. Oh, and you, too! And Orville. Mom