Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today's the Day

Today's the day that Mystery Girl goes back to public school. I drove her in this morning at 6:45 and took her to the office to make sure there were no changes to her schedule, then she insisted that I leave. Okay, I can do that! She is nervous, but seems self-contained and I think she will do fine. At least she didn't want her mother to hang out with her! I think that just might be a good sign!

Yesterday I went to the P/T conference for Calico Kid. His teacher raved about his writing and his stories. She was very pleased with him. I am so proud of him, he is doing a good job at school and he has come soooo far in the past year. His class is each one writing a book to be published. They are very short books and they only get one copy, but I think it's a great idea. It give the kids some motivation for writing. Anyway, it was the best report card I've seen from either kid and the very best conference I've ever attended! Woo Hoo!

I'm not sure if I told you already about Calico Kid making a drawing of some new Hot Wheels ramps and sending them to the Company to see if they would make them. He watches the mail every day expecting at least a letter back from them. I hope they do write to him. It would make his whole life light up! His teacher thought it was really brave of him to send them the drawings.

Today, I am treating myself by just doing whatever I please. Tomorrow, Dr. O and I are going out for breakfast, alone, for the first time since well, I can't remember when! Can you believe it? We are home ALONE! Wow! I wonder if we can handle that? OF COURSE WE CAN!

Yesterday, we paid the kids to take care of themselves while we were gone for about 45 minutes. They just had 2 rules. No cooking and no arguing or fighting. They made it! Unbelievable! They each got a $1. Way cheaper than a sitter and it gave them a little bit of independance to try to do it themselves. Of course, if they fought, they would both lose their dollar.

No comments: