Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We Made It - I Think

Well, Mystery Girl has made it through the first 4 days of school without any major mishaps or disasters. She did get off the bus at the wrong school once, but was able to walk over in plenty of time. It upset her enough that she talked to the school counselor to get calmed down again, but she made it ok. Let's see, oh, yes, the 'cute' boy that was hanging out with her 'broke up' with her! To which she told him that it was ok, they weren't 'going out' anyway! Why does she HAVE to be boy crazy? Oh well, I guess that's a common problem when you reach 12 and beyond! Some girls never get over it and some grow out of it. I hope she grows out of it!

I've been reading a Hardy Boys book to Calico Kid. That kid wants me to read aloud for hours it seems. My voice it getting wore out! Especially when I try to make each character have a different voice. Sometimes I forget which character I am and get them confused, then it comes out funny. Like I whisper when it says shouted, or I squeek highly when it says gruffly! Anyway, the kids don't care! I have to tell them though that I can only read for a certain amount of time before I need to use my mommy voice again. I've had a sore throat all week!

Today, we are leaving to spend the whole weekend at my in-laws. I am taking plenty of things to do, so I don't go too crazy. We are expecting that there will be company over off and on the whole weekend. So, I'm bringing a sewing project, my journal, my bible study, and some surprise crafts for the kids. They are bringing a sled and snowboard and some toys. I may bring another book to read to them for just in case.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a great holiday!

No comments: